Terms and Conditions
Terms of Service (ToS) is an agreement between Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar Alumni Association (“CITKAA”), which term shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, be deemed to mean and include all its affiliates and permitted assigns and any Person who is a user/browser/accessed to the site, (User), whether or not registered, of any of the services available on this website (site). The term 'Person' shall mean any individual.
- The User hereby declares and agrees that
- all information (including personal information) provided by the User during Registration is true, genuine and accurate and that the User shall ensure that all such information is current, complete, and true at all times;
- the User shall maintain and update the User's registration data, in order to keep such data current, complete and true
- the User represents that he/she is of legal age (if the User is an individual) and has the requisite legal standing to form a binding contract with CITKAA and is not a person barred from receiving Services under the laws of India or other applicable jurisdiction.
- Upon Registration, the User will be provided a private account (User Account) and a username and password of his/her choice. The User shall be solely responsible for the use and activities conducted through such User Account. The User acknowledges that, in order to regulate access to the Service, his/her authentication depends on the verification of the correct username and password. The User acknowledges and accepts that the User is solely responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of his/her User Account information (including password(s) and user name(s)) and for any use or misuse of his/her User Account and/or the site resulting from any third party using a password or user name issued to such User.
- The User agrees to notify CITKAA immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized access to or use of the User's Account, or any other breach of security or misuse of the site known to or suspected by the User and that CITKAA is not responsible for fraud of any person or of other Users of the User's Account.
- User acknowledges that the Services provided herein are restricted to India territory and to the recipients in India only.
- The User acknowledges and accepts that CITKAA may, at its sole discretion, deactivate the User's password and/or User Account, or suspend the User's access to any Service without notice at any time. Further, CITKAA reserves the right to remove or cancel any of the Content or prevent the distribution of any Content, without notice and without being obliged to provide any explanation for the same. The User hereby authorizes CITKAA to rely on any data, notice, instruction or request furnished by the User to CITKAA, or that CITKAA reasonably believes to have been furnished by such User.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that CITKAA acts merely as a facilitator in respect of the Services and shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for the Content or any other aspect of such Service.
- The User agrees that CITKAA reserves the right to refuse, deny or otherwise restrict the use of the Services by any User, including the right to terminate the use of any Services by any User without notice at any time for any reason as CITKAA in its sole discretion may deem sufficient, or without reason. CITKAA shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such refusal, restriction or termination of the use of any Services by a User at any time.
- The User agrees that unless otherwise indicated, any modification of the Services which alter the way in which the Service can be used and/or the launch of new Services will be subject to, and therefore regulated by the ToS and other relevant Service Agreements.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that his/her access to and use of the site, and any and/or all of the Services of, is at the User's own risk. The User acknowledges that the Service is dependent on other companies including and not limited to mobile network providers (Operators) and CITKAA makes no guarantees of any kind regarding the dependability, accuracy, security, timeliness or availability of the site network, or Services. Without limiting the foregoing, CITKAA does not make any representations or warranties about the condition, suitability, reliability, availability, completeness, security, timeliness, or accuracy of the information, Software, Services and materials contained on the site for any purpose. All such information, Software, Services, and materials are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. CITKAA hereby disclaims all representations, warranties, and conditions, express or implied, with regard to this information, Software, Services or materials, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that it shall be solely responsible for ensuring all compliances with Indian regulations, statutes, orders, decisions or law in force from time to time which may be applicable to the use of any of the Services (Law). The User acknowledges and agrees that it shall be solely liable, directly or indirectly, for all damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused to CITKAA , by or in connection with any misuse of the Services provided by the Company with respect to pushing any unsolicited commercial communications to subscribers and for any and all other violations of the provisions of the INDIAN Regulations or Law.
- The User hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless and agrees to continue to keep indemnified CITKAA, its affiliates etc. without any demur or protest, against any/all losses, damages, actions, proceedings including but not limited to legal expenses with respect to violation of these ToS, or any third-party's rights, (including, without limitation, infringement of any copyright, violation of any proprietary right and invasion of any privacy rights) and also in respect to any action taken by any regulatory body or the Operator or any third party with respect to the misuse of the Services availed from the Company including but not limited to, for the breach of any of the provisions of the Indian Regulations or breach of Law or for any other reason whatsoever. The User acknowledges and agrees that these obligations will be binding on the User during the entire term of the use of any and/or all of the Services and shall survive any termination of the User's relationship with CITKAA or use of the site.
- The User acknowledges that CITKAA does not assume any implicit or explicit responsibility for the Content stored and/or published by the User through the site.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that all software utilized in connection with the Services (Software) is owned by Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar Alumni Association at CIT Kokrajhar (and its associated institutions) and is protected by the applicable Intellectual Property Laws of India and laws of any other jurisdiction in which such Software is used as may be in force from time to time. The User agrees that it shall not, directly or indirectly, copy, modify, create derivative works, and in any way try to discover the source codes of the Software, sell licenses or transfer to the third parties any right on the Software. Further the User shall not have any rights over the Software in any manner. The User shall not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, Software, services or benefits obtained from the site, except as expressly provided herein. The User further agrees that the User shall not reproduce or redistribute any Software and that the User shall not copy or reproduce the Software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution. The User agrees that it shall not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any trade secret contained in the site or in any product, Service or Software provided through the site.
- The User agrees that the User shall not use a name in connection with using any of the Services that is confusing or misleading, or otherwise impersonate or deceive anyone with respect to its identity. The User further agrees that the User shall not restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying such other User's rights in the site or in respect to any Service and should not interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or any network connected to the site.
- The User agrees and accepts that the User shall not use any of the Services through or in connection with the site to:
- rent, lease, license, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer the User's rights hereunder to any third party unless otherwise expressly agreed by CITKAA
- publish, post, distribute, disseminate, advertise or link to any content, site, topic, name, material or information which is illegal, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, infringing, obscene, indecent, or which contains nudity or adult content
- violate any applicable government laws or regulations.
- CITKAA reserves the right to modify any and/or all the Services at any time, even without notice to the User.
- The User accepts and acknowledges that CITKAA may change any of the Services at any time and from time to time without notice, including terminating the offering of any Service altogether.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that links within the site may let the User leave the site and that the linked sites are not under the control of CITKAA.
- The User agrees to receive promotional, transactional and commercial communications from CITKAA through email or SMS.
- The User shall be responsible for all Content uploaded, displayed, transmitted or otherwise used on this Site or published and/or distributed through this Site by such User and CITKAA shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in respect of such Content. CITKAA reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor or to review the Content of the User and to monitor User's compliance with the ToS. CITKAA reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content which, in the opinion of CITKAA violates the ToS or that CITKAA for any other reason may deem unfit or improper to be used on the Site, at any time without notice to the User.
- The User represents and warrants that all Content uploaded or distributed/transmitted through the Site by it is owned by such User, or that such User is otherwise well entitled to display, sell, market or otherwise use such Content. CITKAA shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever in respect of any dispute as to the ownership of such Content or in respect of any other dispute, claim, etc. of any nature whatsoever in respect of such Content.
- All Content uploaded or otherwise used on this site must conform to the content rules, if any, provided by CITKAA from time to time.
- The User acknowledges that CITKAA does not sell the Content, but rather provides a Service to transfer the Content supplied by the User from the web to mobile and other devices. CITKAA does not operate any control, monitor, validation or verification over the Content of the User, and therefore cannot be held responsible for the type of Content which can be found on its platform or transmitted through the platform. However, CITKAA shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for the authenticity, ownership, accuracy or for any other claim whatsoever in respect of such Content.
Alumni Engagement Platform Cover Photo Credits:
Electronics and Telecommunications
Diploma 2017 Batch